4/22/2005

NBA Playoffs

I'm so ready for the NBA Playoffs to start. It's been a long and frustrating season. I'm glad to see that Kobe and LeBron won't be participating, because Kobe is getting what he deserves after running Shaq out of town and LeBron is showing that being the next great thing doesn't equal tangible success. I like LeBron, but I honestly don't beleive he is as mature as he comes across. Even the most mature 20 year old has some severe limits. I look back on his choices during his senior year of high school that got him suspended more than once, and I ask what kind of team mate he really is, regardless of all the ass-kissers out there all over his jock. I do think he'll turn out to be one of the best players ever. I just also think it wouldn't have hurt for him to spend a year or two in college. Getting back to my original subject, I'm hoping the Pacers can pull something off in the playoffs. I want Reggie to go out battling, somewhere past the first round. After Ron Artest screwed his final season, its great to see Reggie step it up and lead the way he has. He's a beast. My predictions are pretty straight forward, I think San Antonio will take it in the West (and even though I'm from SA, I'm not a Spurs fan, so this isn't a homer pick). Duncan is too solid, unless he breaks a hip, Spurs win the West. The East is much less clear, Miami is the favorite, and Detroit is the defending champ, but I think that Philly will make a suprise run. Not too far though, I see Boston getting them in the Conference finals and going to the championship round. From there I see San Antonio taking it in 5 games. Take into consideration that I don't follow the NBA with the zeal that I devote to college basketball, but I think I have some clue. Time will tell.

No comments: