4/18/2005

I love baseball

I really do love baseball. Even more than I hate Scoop Jackson. Not necessarily Major League Baseball, because I honestly prefer the NCAA kind. Whenever baseball season comes around, I get an itch. I want to be somewhere playing baseball right now. Every summer I try to find enough people to put together a decent team to play in an amateur tournament or two, but its tough because of money or time. I still spend at least 10 hours over the course of every spring trying to develop of depth chart, and find a few teams to play us. It hasn't happened yet, but theirs still time. I do love opening day, except for the Boston vs. New York nonsense that is all over TV. I love to see the first day of baseball after months of empty stadiums. Baseball games are the most fun to see in person, I even prefer to keep my own scorebook on most days. Minor League games are great fun, even if you only know who 2 guys on the team are. I recommend that anyone who gets a chance goes to see an NCAA tournament/College World Series game. They are the greatest. The best thing about spring is baseball, so turn on the damn tv, get a glove and go outside, or make it to the nearest ballpark, and be glad you're not a hockey fan.

No comments: