4/18/2005

About me and why I hate Scoop Jackson

First things first, my name is Kenneth. I'm a senior history major at Schreiner University is in Kerrville, TX. I will be graduating very soon, and I'm hoping to attend law school, but I'll keep you posted on that. I'm a huge sports fan. College Basketball is my favorite. I also am a huge fan of Men's Volleyball, and I'll definately try and promote that as much as possible. My favorite basketball teams are Gonzaga, the Utah Jazz, and as of last month, John Beilein's West Virginia team. As far as politics I am generally conservative, I identify myself as a Republican. Spiritually speaking I am a practicing Roman Catholic and I defend my faith with a knife. My blog will probably not have much of a theme once it gets going, but sports get me worked up daily, everything else just fills in the space around it. I hope anyone who comes across this "blog" (I hate that word) finds something interesting. Now on to my initial inspiration....

I really really hate Scoop Jackson. Scoop is a former editor/contributor to SLAM! Magazine. Slam is also known the biggest ass kissing magazine in America and Scoop fit in perfectly there. Now Scoop has himself a job on ESPN.com, my former favorite website/sports news source. My theory is that Scoop has been hired to replace the LEGENDARY Ralph Wiley, a great writer who died this past year. Both are African American, and outspoken, and unfortunately thats where the similarities end. The difference is that Scoop is a brown nosing, pro-player, pro-hip hop joke. I have yet to see him make one legitimately unbiased argument in any piece of his writing. He recently defended Jermaine O'Neal's idiot claims of racism being behind the NBA's possible 20 year old age limit. I won't get into the details at this point, but it was a ridiculous, uneducated argument by O'Neal and the defense of that argument by Scoop was equally ridiculous, blatantly favoritist towards young members of the hip hop community, and a joke in terms of journalistic integrity. FIRE SCOOP!!! He's definately not Ralph Wiley.

No comments: