10/22/2007

The Itch

Its about the time of the year that I get the itch for basketball. The air is turning a little colder, and the days are creeping towards November. Somewhere down in the pit of my being, I can feel that its basketball season.

I'm not longer an athlete, in any sense of the word and my recent coaching stint is over. Regardless, I imagine that for the rest of my life, I'll know when its time for vacant gyms to be filled with the sounds of full court lay up drills, wind sprints and offensive terminology.

I'm excited about this season. Gonzaga should against have a competitive season. Air Force will struggle, but should continue their unorthodox style. John Beilein is going to turn Michigan into a Big 10 version of his West Virginia squad. Harvard has Michigan's old coach, and could become competitive someday.

More than anything I can't wait for small to mid-major basketball teams playing on national tv. I can't wait to see players who have some idea of team basketball, passing and cutting, shooting the three with impunity. This is my time of year.

I love it.

No comments: