5/20/2005

Local Sports Radio is both sad and pathetic

The letter I am posting below is a letter that Steve and I put together in response to some ridiculousness by local radio hosts on Sports Talk San Antonio. I beleive the particular hosts today were Jeff Vexler and Nate Lundy, but I won't let Walter Pasacrita escape persecution. They are all horrible. They have limited basketball knowledge. They disclaim every statement they make with, "I've watched these guys play all year, and..." and then they make up some random crap that's totally bogus. So apparently they aren't watching. So, here's the letter, the radio guys didn't put it on air, maybe they'll see it here.

"First things first, I'm not a Spurs fan, but I have lots of respect for the team, except for Tony Parker. Second, I have a problem with your radio show. I don't understand how you can condemn the Seattle Sonics fans for cheering when Tim Duncan got hurt, and calling them unsportsmanlike. You spent the last week, at least (that's as long as I've been listening) talking about how the Spurs should "beat down" Ray Allen. So, I'm having a hard time understanding this, beating down Ray Allen is ok, but beating down Tim Duncan is not? I'm not even defending the Sonics fans, I'm just attacking you. You guys are ridiculous. Another complaint I have is that you claimed to have watched "a bunch" of Sonics games throughout the the year, yet you were somehow suprised that Luke Ridnour is a decent midrange shooter. Not even bring up the fact that he was one of the best 3pt shooters in the NCAA 3 years ago, he was a starting PG for an NBA team, and he shoots over 88% of the free throw line. How is it a suprise that he's a good shooter? It would be a suprise if Bruce Bowen made a shot, he is horrible. Another thing, the Spurs got taken to 6 games by a team without two of its best players (Rashard Lewis and Vlad Radmanovic), maybe you should calm down the callers who are already putting the Spurs in the Finals. The Suns might not be the "fundamental" team that the Spurs are, but they're alright, they only lead the league in wins and they continue to play extremely well with a short bench and an injured starter. Suns are playing a better caliber team than the Spurs just did, and they seem to be just fine. You guys change your minds by the minute, the callers are rarely informed. I've never heard a more biased radio show in my entire life. You are a disgrace to broadcast journalism.
Kenneth
"

No comments: