4/25/2005

I hate Chris Paul

I have been outspoken about my biased dislike for Chris Paul. I think he is a loudmouth jerk, who repeatedly screws up in crunch time. Somehow he has blinded all of the world. A recent ESPN Insider column described him with "...tough, technically sound, doesn't make a lot of mistakes and is one of the smartest players in the draft." I disagree with every single statement made there. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Chris Paul is a chump. A very talented, quick, agile, chump with a good jump shot. But he is not smart, and he makes very big mistakes when they matter. He is immature, and I greatly dislike the way he wears his socks. Look at his play in the NCAA tournament. In the game against West Virginia alone he tried to give it away twice. Once with a turnover at the end of regulation, and once by fouling out shortly into overtime. Taron Downey almost saved him, but it wasn't enough. I think Chris Paul will be a moderately successful professional, like Brent Barry or maybe even Andre Miller but any talk of him being worthy of the #1 draft pick is misguided. He will not win the big game, he's a choke artist at heart and he'll be fools gold for any team that picks him.

No comments: